Street Photography RAW - Part 2

After enjoying my city outing last month I thought I'd try the raw photography approach again. I know this might not be to everyone's cup of tea, but as I work through my images I'm actually getting a good sense of achievement.

Yes they are RAW,
Yes they are un-composed, and yes most of the time blurry but hey that's what I like about the results. It reminds me of the good old days well before any digital computer controlled automation and I'm of the opinion that this approach to photography provides a more real feel especially when you reveal strong motion blur or perhaps a un-usual angle.

Camera Settings
I set my camera to Manual, whereby I fixed the focal length to 50mm (my lens has a locking mechanism). The ISO I set to 200 which might have been a bit on the low side considering most are taken around 7:30am in the morning so the light is only just starting to get through.
I turned IS  (Stabiliser) off on my lens, and then set my white balance to custom.
The shutter speed varied a little but mainly sat around 1/60 - 1/80. Tuff considering I'm walking up and down the street without IS, but that is the appeal for me, very little control and shooting from the hip.

The only post editing I did was to add a sepia wash to some and a basic black and white conversion. Otherwise everything is RAW.

Enjoy








Comments